Offering a variety of lovely experiences for couples and galentines, delicious dining specials, indulgent dessert options, and much more, DOCO (Downtown Commons) is a sweet spot to spend time with that special someone in February.
A sampling of some of the special offers, experiences, and ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day (many available all month long) at DOCO include:
- Burger Lounge: Through the month of February, plaza guests can satisfy their sweet tooth by indulging in aRed Velvet Shake to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Cakes by Jeff the Chef: Featuring decadent and award-winning desserts, the shop is offering a limited-time 4” heart shaped strawberry chocolate covered cheesecake available for pre-order before February 13.
- Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar: Always a “fizztastic” experience, Fizz is presenting two exquisite Valentine events – a bubby afternoon Galentine’s Wine & Dessert tasting on February 10 where guests will taste a handpicked selection of elegant champagnes and sparkling rosé wines, perfectly paired with delectable desserts. Then on February 13, Fizz is offering a luxurious five-course Valentine’s Champagne Dinner featuring bubbles of Gosset, the oldest wine house in Champagne. Tickets are limited for each and available here.
- Insomnia Cookies: In addition to limited time and crush-worthy Red Velvet and Vegan Red Velvet Cookies ‘N Cream cookie flavors, the dessert shop is offering Red Velvet Heart Cakes and Valentine’s Day Cookie Pizza, too.
- Kimpton Sawyer Hotel: Couples looking for a romantic getaway at DOCO’s award-winning hotel can enjoy a special “Take a Leap” overnight package throughout February that includes two cocktails of choice at the welcoming Winter Chalet, turndown service with rose petals, spa mask and specialized chocolate, $50 breakfast credit toward in-room dining, and a bottle of champagne at breakfast. More details and reservations are available here.
- Polanco Cantina: Offering mouth-watering Valentine’s Day specials such as Tuna Crudo Tostadas with Charred Tortilla Salsa, Lobster Enchiladas in White Salsa Verde with Red Rice and Beans, Chile Chocolate Braised Beef with Aji-Amarillo Mashed Potatoes and Crispy Nopales, Sweet Corn Fritters with Tequila Chocolate Anglaise, Pink Drinks and Prosecco. Reservations are strongly recommended via OpenTable.
- Punch Bowl Social: To get some “Girl Power” Valentine plans going, Punch Bowl Social is presenting a Galantine’s Party on February 9 with beats by a popular DJ, craft cocktails, throwback and modern games such as Clueless, Candyland and Girl Talk, a DIY Friendship bracelet bar, and a free pair of heart-shaped sunglasses. More information and reservations are available via Eventbrite.
- Revival at the Sawyer: On February 10, guests can enjoy a unique “Be My RevivalTine” dining experience at Sacramento’s favorite rooftop bar highlighted by a three-course community style dinner with advance reservations available here. Then on February 14, a specially curated romantic prix fixe dinner “The Perfect Pair” is being offered with advance reservations here.
- Roots Coffee*: Known for its ethically sourced beans and freshly roasted, hand crafted coffees, Roots Coffee is offering a variety of Valentine specials during the month of February including a red velvet inspired latte with homemade cream cheese frosting whip paired with a decadent Nutella filled croissant.
- Tipsy Putt*: For flirty fun and games, guests can pop into Tipsy Putt where reservations are not needed – just open greens, friendly competition, and a night to remember.
- Trophy Club*: Adults looking to elevate their Valentine’s Day experience can sip on custom cocktails in a swanky setting at Trophy Club, a perfect pre- or post-dinner spot.
- Trü Encompass Beauty: Sacramento’s premier spa and salon is offering Trü Love Gift Card Specials including a $600 gift card for $500 (online discount code TRULOVE24) and a $1,000 gift card for $800 (online discount code TRUDOCO) through March 1 via their website.
- The 7th Street Standard*: Recognized as one of Sacramento’s best new restaurants and located adjacent to the plaza, 7th Street Standard is offering a delicious four-course dinner on Valentine’s Day complete with a wine pairing option. Reservations are highly recommended here.
The plaza offers a DOCO Rewards loyalty program with prizes, discounts, incentives and benefits for shopping, dining, playing, staying, and completing activities via the online app. As special DOCO shopping incentives during the month of February, shoppers will receive double points on February 14 plus on all Tuesdays and Kings home game dates. Free to download, the DOCO Rewards app is available via the Apple Store and Google Play. New members receive 200 points for signing up. A complete set of DOCO Rewards rules, restrictions and instructions and a list of DOCO businesses and members of the DOCO Merchant’s Association are available on the app. For more information about DOCO Rewards, visit www.docosacramento.com/rewards.
DOCO is an outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment destination in the heart of downtown Sacramento. Convenient parking is available in DOCO’s central garage with an entrance on J Street between 4th & 5th Streets. Parking validation is available at most DOCO tenants with a purchase. The elevators and escalators take guests up to the plaza’s main level and second level terrace near many of the restaurants, eateries, and retail tenants.
For more information about upcoming community activations and/or the variety of retail shopping, dining, and service offerings at DOCO, visit www.docosacramento.com or follow DOCO on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.