With plenty of holiday specials to highlight and inventory on-hand, a number of Sacramento area museums are proud to participate in Museum Store Sunday on November 28, 2021. In partnership with the Museum Store Association (MSA), the international effort is designed to remind consumers about the unique and inspired shopping experience that exists in one-of-a-kind museum stores that showcase a broad assortment of highly curated and mission-specific gifts. Museum Store Sunday is open to all independently operated museum stores and non-profit retailers located at museums, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, historic sites, and other unique cultural institutions in the United States and internationally.
A sampling of the unique products and specials available on Museum Store Sunday at local museum stores include the following:
· Aerospace Museum of California – Looking for the perfect holiday gift for the aviation enthusiast on your list? The Aerospace Museum has you covered. Not only will shoppers find the perfect gift they will also be supporting a great cause as every dollar earned in the gift shop goes right back to the Museum. Plus, the expanded Gift Shop is full of great gifts like apparel, books, vintage model kits, aviation toys, and more. Open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Museum Store Sunday, the Aerospace Museum is offering a special 10 percent off on stocking stuffers. For more information, please call 916-643-3192 or email [email protected].
· California Museum – Museum Store Sunday shoppers will enjoy 15 percent off select California-themed merchandise on November 28. Shoppers are invited to get a jump start on holiday shopping with the store’s wide range of unique items suitable for everyone on holiday gift lists, with items including apparel, home and holiday decor, toys and much more. Discount may not be combined with other offers and excludes stationery items and books. For more information, contact the Museum Store between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 916-653-0650 or [email protected].
· California State Railroad Museum – The on-site Museum Store offers gift ideas for train enthusiasts of all ages. Family celebrations will be magical with hard-to-find POLAR EXPRESS merchandise including battery-operated Lionel train sets, tree ornaments, plush “Polar” bears, and exclusive snow globes. The Museum Store has Northern California’s best selection of wooden track trains from Thomas the Tank Engine, BRIO, and more. For more, please visit www.californiarailroad.museum/store.
· Crocker Art Museum – Perfect for art lovers and filled with unique gift ideas including jewelry from local artists, art-themed home and office goods, art and craft books, and unique children’s items, members receive 20 percent off and nonmembers receive 10 percent off at the on-site Museum store on this special day. For more information, please visit www.crockerart.org.
· Sacramento History Museum – Shoppers are encouraged to share the history of the Gold Rush region while enjoying 20 percent off all Arcadia Publishing books. From Lake Tahoe to Land Park, from Donner Summit to Downtown Sacramento, the Museum offers books that are filled with photos and stories of the towns and neighborhoods in our region. Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., shoppers will also find classic games and toys, Christmas ornaments, and beautiful minerals and rocks. For more information, please call 916-808-7059 or visit www.sachistorymuseum.org.
· SMUD Museum of Science and Curiosity – Sacramento’s new Science Center, known as MOSAC for short, just celebrated its Grand Opening earlier this month, complete with a brand-new gift shop. Shop M, located across from the Admissions Desk in the main lobby, is the perfect place to find something unique, from books and toys to DIY kits and educational gifts. MOSAC members receive a 10 percent discount on all items. Shop M is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Museum Store Sunday. For more information, call us at 916-674-5000, ext. 104. or email [email protected].
· Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park – On this special day, shoppers will receive 10 percent off total purchases for everything in-store. They will also have an inaugural Friends of Sutter’s Fort Museum Store Holiday Gift Guide available with wonderfully unique gift ideas. Always popular Holiday Mystery bags will be available again this year that include a $5 gift card to either Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates or Paragary Restaurant Group. Youth bags cost $20 and adult bags are $30. For more, visit https://shop.suttersfort.org/.
· Verge Center for the Arts – Verge will be open from 12 to 5 p.m. on Museum Store Sunday. Verge has an all-new lobby store which features lots of artistic wares by local artists. Some of the items include ceramics by Ianna Frisby and Sandy Fong-Whetstone, jewelry by Yuki Cloud and Muzi Li Rowe, and holiday decor by Nina Booth, and custom Verge “Sac” hats and totes with designs by Spencer Keeton Cunningham. Plus, all shoppers will receive 10 percent off their entire store purchase on this special day. For more, please visit www.vergeart.com.
For more information about the Museum Store Sunday happening on November 28, please visit https://museumstoresunday.org.