Following another successful Sacramento Museum Day–which was attended by nearly 50,000 community members–the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) has announced March 2016 as Museum Membership Month.
To highlight the month, many of the nearly 30 museums are offering special incentives and discounts for enthusiasts who choose to become members of their favorite museums and destinations.
The benefits of museum membership often extend well beyond a financial savings and include exclusive experiences only available to members. Plus, the thriving Sacramento museum community offers memberships at virtually every museum and/or destination. Members will find something for everyone, from fine art and fantastic exhibits to family-friendly attractions and native, exotic and endangered wildlife.
A few limited-time offers include the following:
- Aerospace Museum of California — 25% off new Family memberships during March
- California Agriculture Museum – 25% off new Family memberships during March
- California Automobile Museum — $5 off Individual memberships and $10 off Family memberships during March
- California State Railroad Museum — 10% discount and two additional months free for all new members in March who mention the discount code “SAM”
- Crocker Art Museum — Two extra months free for new Associate level members who sign up online in March and get access to more than 700 museums in the U.S. Please use discount code “SAM”
- Fairytale Town — All new memberships at the Mother Goose level or above will receive one free animal plush doll during the month of March
- Sacramento Children’s Museum — $10 off new members who sign up in March;
- Powerhouse Science Center Discovery Campus – 10% off all new memberships for March
- Sacramento History Museum – During the month of March, all new Family memberships will include two “History and Hops” brew event tickets ($30 value) and all new Quartz Circle Memberships will include two “History and Hops” tickets plus two Old Sacramento Underground tour tickets ($60 value)
- Verge Center for the Arts – $15 discount on Individual memberships and 25% discount off Family memberships during March (please use discount code SAM). Plus, for families wanting to sign up for the kids Spring Break Camp and Kids Summer Camps, they will receive an additional discount off tuition when they sign up for a Family membership.
In addition to these special incentives offered during March, membership has special privileges (which vary by museum) and can include benefits such as the following: free museum entrance all year long, special invitations to member-only events and receptions, preview and/or “behind-the-scenes” opportunities for new exhibits and offerings, free guest admission passes (to share with friends and family), discounts and/or advance purchase opportunities on special programs and events, and more.
For more information about Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) or participating members, please visit sacmuseums.org.