The San Francisco 49ers take on the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII this Sunday, February 3, 2013; kick off is at 3:30pm. The 49ers make their Super Bowl return after 18 years and are looking to keep their Super Bowl winning streak. Of the five Super Bowls they’ve been to thus far, they’ve won them all. The Ravens, with one Super Bowl under their belt, are also on a winning streak. See who will emerge champion this Sunday.
Start your Super Bowl Sunday off right by jogging off the calories before you consume them. Sacramento Running Association’s Super Bowl Sunday Run starts at Sacramento State takes you on a 10K course through campus commons. A two-person relay option (where each person runs a 5K) is also available, and kids will enjoy participating in the 40-yard dash.
After you have your work out in for the day, head out to one of these Sacramento spots to watch the big game:
- Harlow’s, Noon: Come watch the big game on a huge projection screen set up on the Harlow’s stage alongside three flat screens. The game will also be broadcast on the patio’s 30 foot screen. Special door prizes, raffles, and menu will also be available.
- MiX Downtown, 1pm: Watch the game on projection screens and HD TVs. The event also features a taco and nacho bar—you call the plays: spicy or mild, chicken or carnitas. Casual dress.
- Firestone Public House, 1:30pm: Come watch the Super Bowl on 21 HD Screens. Firestone Public House offers 60 taps and creative American food. Coors and Bud Light Girls will be present and there will be a Halftime Prize Raffle.
- Broderick Roadhouse, 2pm: The game will be going on all five screens, with audio cranked up throughout the house. They’ll be serving up some great food & drink specials, and featuring the debut of Live Band Karaoke after the game.
- Pine Cove Tavern, 2:30pm: Pine Cove will be hosting a potluck so bring your favorite dish and be ready to root for your favorite team. There will be something for everyone as there will be a huge raffle with lots of cool bar swag and prizes and beer specials.
- Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa, 3pm: Complete with a big screen TV, raffle prizes, drink specials, and traditional finger food favorites, you and your friends will enjoy the end-of-season match-up in comfort and style.
As an event partner for The Sacramento Press, Details provides information on activities happening in the Sacramento community. Find these and many more events on Details, the year-round source for Sacramento events.
Editor’s note: Every Thursday we deliver a local event guide straight to your inbox, right on time to make your weekend plans. Sign me up.