Do you have a story to tell about Sacramento? Tell it on The Sacramento Press
The Sacramento Press is a hyper-local website, focusing on up-close, in-depth coverage of neighborhoods like yours. We aim to spread the traditional habits of good journalism - accuracy, fairness, diversity of opinion, entertainment value, and a desire to improve our communities - across the evolving new medium of the Web. We do it with a mix of professional and amateur writing from around the community. We rely on community contributors, like yourself, to tell the stories of our hometown on our site.
Just follow these steps to join (it's free):
1. Sign up for an account by clicking the "Sign up" button at the top of the page on SacramentoPress.com.
3. Congratulations! Your account is now active and you are able to read, rate and comment stories. A separate verification email will be sent to your inbox to ensure your email is valid.
4. Click “Continue,” which will take you back to the home page.
5.To sign up as a community contributor click the “Write” button at the top of the screen. Before writing, be sure to review our guidelines first!
7. Watch a brief tutorial and, when you’re ready to write, click “Let’s get started!”
8. Title your "Storyline." This is the topic you intend to write about and it helps tie your articles about the same topics together. For example, if you’re writing a candidate profile you could title your storyline “City Council Elections.” Click “Create now!”
9. You made it to the Writer’s Dashboard! Check the box next to the storyline you’d like to use. You can start writing immediately inside the browser or copy and paste your article from a word processor. You can also save your draft on our system and come back to edit the draft later.
10. Tag your articles using one of our sections tags (culture, business, sports or politics) as well as any other key words you choose.
11. Upload photos from your computer and give appropriate photo credit.
12. Click “Preview” to see how your article will look. Keep in mind that edits cannot be made after publishing without the help of an administrator. Like what you see? Click “Publish.”
Congratulations! You’ve just posted your first article!
Interested in copy editing? Having a second set of eyes review your work is strongly recommended. We offer free copy editing Monday through Friday and Sundays 5-7 p.m. Just send a draft to firstname.lastname@example.org and your article will be returned, ready to publish.
Need some help? If you run into a snag at any point during the posting process, don’t hesitate to call us at 916-443-5403 ext. 102 or email us at email@example.com. We’re here to help every step of the way!